Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tessie 4/28/14


4/28/14
Dear Family and friends,
I won't share with you what I ate last week, it sufficeth to say that it was an absurd amount of food. Its an off day if we don't eat at a member's apartment. So, monday, we went for a super cool awesome hike up in the mountains(by someplace called Le Vacherie). It was gorgeous and green and covered in wildflowers and mist. A fun thing here in France is they like putting Crosses at the tops of mountains. But the cross that was originally, a really thick iron one, at the top of the mountain, was apparently blown off its base by really strong gusts of wind, so, somehow, they brought a new cross to the top of the mountain, a not pretty concrete one, but they let the iron one just sitting on the top of the summit, so there are two crosses at the summit. That, not the crosses, but the mountain, was definitley one of the highlights on my mission. Monday night, we did an FHE at a member family's house and I brought the easter egg kit that you sent me Mom. They have four little girls, so they were very excited to  paint some eggs. On Tuesday, we had a lesson with a guy that compared life to a game of pacman. He was interesting, we will probably be seeing him again next week. And tuesday night, we went to Lyon. Wednesday, I had an exchange with the sister training leaders. It was probably one of the wierder exchanges I had. The sister I was with got her blood drawn in the morning and almost fainted, we ate lunch with two old ladies, who fed us meat gelatin and yummy chicken ( a wierd combinantion) and we ate american style brownies for dessert, we made them ( they are so good!!!). Then we got a last minute assignment to make food for Zone training so we ran to the store to get ingredients to make enough tacos for 25 people and cooked it all and had one more lesson with an african guy. It was a different exchange. The next day was Zone Training and I saw Soeur Luthi for the first time for about 11 months!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited to see her, we got all caught up. I also got to see a few other missionaries that I knew in other places, so that was just exciting. That night , back in Valence, an old french guy played a never ending accordian song for us ( I like the accordian but 15 minutes is a little long). Friday, I ate bacon and Chevre ( two of my least favorite things) on top of extremely browned bread. And later I had a fish soufflĂ©e. On saturday, We planted a garden at a members house, which was really fun and ate BBQ  and ate chicken soaked in butter for dinner. Yesterday, We had a great church meeting ( we had a bunch of people at church)  and later in the day it was raining, but still sunny out. It was really cool, I saw like three rainbows. All in All it was a good week.
Je vous aime!!!! Merci Daddy pour l'email!!! je vais l'imprimer et le garder :)
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment