Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 12, 2014


Dear family and friends,
Wednesday this last week, we taught a few of our amis. Sylia and alexandre are progressing beautifully, we just have to help sylvia to stop smoking. She knows Soeur Röse and I so well, after we comeinto the apartment she always askes Soeur Röse if she needs to use the bathroom (which she always she does :) and she asks me if I want to drink juice ( Which I almost always do) and asks me if I want some of those sweet biscuit things. The last time, we had just eaten, so I said no to the biscuits, but she said she would bring them out anyways and sure enough, I ending up eating a couple. (they were covered in belgian chocolate!) She is so funny how she just knows our habits so well, and she has that little confident smile that mothers always have when they do stuff like that. Her little boy is about 2 and he is one of the most active kids I have ever met, but he is just so cute about it. Whenever he wants his moms attention, he shouts out 'maman d'amour!'  (Mother of love or loving mommy) She just about dies everytime. On thursday we took just about the most beautiful bus ride in the history of the world. Up into green mountains and valleys and rivers and villages and flowers and some snow. The ride was extremely long but I enjoyed it a lot.  that night, we played a game at a less-actives house and I won just about everytime! I was very proud of myself. ( I still feel like I didn't really understand the game) Saturday, we handed out flyers for the groundbreaking ceremony next week and ate lunch with a member in this beautiful garden filled with mousqitoes ( I only got bit once :) And taught a less-active with a shiny painting with a unicorn and a tiger and dolphins and rainbows and a wierd bubbly castle and a elf looking lady. it was just missing wolves and fairies. And it was a man's house. I've always wondered who bought that kind of stuff when I've seen it in stores. And sunday, we ate at a recent converts house and skyped our families. :)So, now for the highlight of the week (besides talking with my family). Friday night, at 2 in the morning, I was having a wierd dream, that I was trying to put this big bubbly sticker thing on a door frame and for somereason I was having problems and my hand would totally miss the frame and shoot past the doorway and there was this loud beeping sound each time and I was really frustrated with myself because it should be easy, but tried it at least 8 times and I still wasnt able to get the bubbly sticker on the doorframe. Finally I wake up and realize the beeps are coming from inside the apartment. I wake up Soeur Röse who starts talking in germain for 30 seconds before I understood anything she said. We then searched the apartment for 5 minutes looking for the beeping. I was hoping it wasn't a murderer ( I don't know or why a murderer would make those beeps, but who knows) We then attacked the smoke alarm and ripped out the batteries, only to find it was actually the carbon monoxide detector. So we called three sleepy people until we got the office elders who drove to the office to find another number to call and ordered us to wait outside. So we pulled on sweatshirts and scarves and we sat on our apartment doorstep, behind the gate, playing uno ( I won!) until and ambulanec with all its lights going off drives us and asks us if we need to go to the hospital and men of all shapes and sizes and in all sorts of emergency clothes start bouncing around and asking us if we need to go to hospital. Then a firetruck came and a police car with all their light going off, even their blinkers. And they did all sorts of fancy tests until they found out that the alarm was just faulty. So they truned of their crazy lights and drove away slowly and we went back to bed. fun adventure huh?
Gotta run
Dieu vous aime!!!!
Avec amour,
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment