Thursday, December 19, 2013

Singing to old french people, being a stalker for a little bit and avoiding bizing old men


Dear Family and Friends,
This week went by fast.
 We have eaten a lot of chocolate and nuts and dried fruit. (French people eat that a lot during christmas, that and sea food and that wierd ground up meat stuff and cheese and meat and soup etc. There are all these stands around Centre-ville that toast chesnuts and I've been wanting to try them since forever because they smell heavenly, but I didn't want to buy a whole package because I probably wouldn't eat it all and people say that they don't taste as good as they smell. You can see the big dilema( how do you spell that?) I had. Luckily, I asked a guy we contacted what he was eating and it just so happened to be roasted chesnuts and he let us try some. They were pretty good, I'm glad I finally got to try them. It made me very happy. This week we were on the bus feeling especially exhausted when I look out the window and ask Is that Kéjain? There he was crossing the street. it had been hard trying to meet up with him again so it really suprised me that he was right there. So I sprint to the front of the bus and jump off at the stop, I pull my companion behind me as we are sneaking behind our ami (after we caught up to him) trying to figure out how to talk to him without seeming creepy (which we were) I did feel like a stalker for a bit. Eventually we just walked up to him said hi, he jumped a little and said I was just about to respond to your text and how did you find me. We ended up having a lesson on the bench right next us and it turned out great. We also saw jacqueline this week, who is already in love with the Book of Mormon, which is great and the ward loves her. We also contacted this 100 old guy who wanted to talk about american politics and ended our contact with a suprise biz on the cheek. He moved fast, so far I've been able to avoid the bizes of men. I feel like I've lost a tournament or something, I was hoping to last my whole mission without that happening. Oh well, he wasn't creepy at all at least. We also had the ward christmas party, where the ward gave us huge boxes of food to take home. and we also sang at some old folks home. It was fun to sing in french and we sang white christmas in english. It was funny to hear the members try and sing the words.
I gotta run
I send pictures next week and info for skyping
Dieu vous aime
Soeur russell

No comments:

Post a Comment