Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tango invites, missed trains, and another transfer in Aix


Dear family and friends,
I'm staying in Aix with Soeur Bowman! It feels kinda weird to not be changing things up, but I'm excited to see what its like to stay in one place more than one transfer. And I'm happy to be with Soeur Bowman for another transfer, she is great. :) This week I had an exchange with the sister from Toulon, so in the morning, I got on a train with Soeur Bowman to drop her off in Toulon with Soeur Kupfer to be her companion for the day. And we arrived just in time to see the that I was supposed to return on drive away, with the other sister on it by herself. So I spent some time in toulon and got on the next train an hour later. So that was a weird experience, being in my old ville in a trio and then on a train by myself. The rest of the exchange went great though. The rest of this week was a lot of contacting. Right before going into the church, we had a great conversation with a man who used to be a famous soccer player who tried teaching us spanish and french and said he could teach us and all the other missionaries how to tango in the church parking lot. We'll see what happens with that.
This week, we met with one of our recent converts who is the sweetest women I have ever met and she is such a great example of someone who has embraced the gospel and became a better person because of it. The gospel really helps us in every way, in every aspect of our lives. I've definitely seen that on my mission.
I gotta go mais je vous aime et que Dieu vous benis!
à la semaine prochaine
Soeur Russel

No comments:

Post a Comment