Tuesday, December 3, 2013

weird miracle fountains, I love chocolate cake and being drafted into solos


Dear Family and friends,
This week has been really cool because all of a sudden, we have been able to meet with amis that we have been trying to see all transfer and we found a golden ami just a couple days ago. We were finally able to meet with an old ami named antionette, who came to the Elder's baptism and also church this week. And were able to meet up with an older lady named Jacqueline, who  wants us over all time and wants to help us plant wheat (its a french tradition) and is just a cute person all together. This week we also got to go to the Zone leader's Amis' baptisms. Two of them got baptized and throughout the entire meeting, everyone had a huge smile on their face and I could not keep from smiling, There was such a feeling of happiness in the room. Right afterwards, Soeur Bowman and I were contacting and we stopped at a crosswalk, waiting for the light to turn red and a guy pulled up on his bike next to us. I gave him a smile and he smiled back and then the light turned and he rode off. I could hear Soeur Bowman next to me saying over and over " I want to talk to him, I want to talk to him" and we happened to see him one minute later looking at a new statue. Both of us instantly felt we had to talk to him, so we went and stood awkwardly in front of the statue with him, trying to figure a way to start up a conversation. Thankfully he started it first, by explaining to us what the statue  meant. It was a really wierd statue. It had a few dates on the pedastal and it had half of a cougar on top who had water coming out of his mouth and there is a thing on the pedastal that sometimes is on fire and the cougar is hollow and it has a man upside down inside of it. Its a wierd statue. And he said its in memorial for some war and how it is always remembered in the cougars heart or something like that. He read it off of a sign. We kept talking and we invited him to church and he came and we are seeing him later this week! His name is kéjain and he is chinese and he asks the best questions ever. So we are really excited to teach him. 
my english is slowly getting worse and worse I have found. Especially today, I was trying to read something out loud in english ans I was replacing words with french words and giving things accents were there aren't supposed to be any. And I don't even Have an excuse because my french is by no means astounding. oh well. I got your package mommy and we loved the little christmas tree, its already decorated with the lights. This week we had thanksgiving dinner with some members at a restaurant and we had a thanksgiving lunch with yummy pie and homemade stew at our apartment with the other sisters. We loved the stew so much that we are making it again this week. I forgot my camera so I can't send any pictures mais la prochain foi. for the dinner with the members, we went to a restaurant where the server actually ended up being our neighbor and we had some of the best chocolate cake ever. It was great. We were there with two other elders and a member couple. the wife is american and her husband is from Belgium, but speaks perfect english and he is hilarious, between the six of us we were laughing all throughout dinner. 
Lately the ward has been volunteering me to sing at things. Sometimes I'm not even paying attention when they volunteer me, but next thing I know, I being told when we will be rehearsing this song or this thing. Its funny because there are other people in the ward that sing as good if not better than me. And it will be sad if I have to leave next week, because I won't be able to do all those things for them. Next time I'm writing, I'll be letting you know if I stay or not.
I gotta run, but I love you all and so does God!
Toute est possible avec dieu!
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment