Friday, October 25, 2013

Nice, folding clothes and long train rides


Dear family and friends,
At the beginning of the transfer, Soeur Kupfer and I made the goal that we had to get a service project in once a week. This week, we were cutting it close, and we were worried that we wouldn't find any service to do. Then, we passed the church to check something and found that the RS needed help folding clothes that they were going to donate to charity and we got to help them. A really cool and unexpected experience. Its kinda wierd though. I never expected I would be folding clothes as service so ofetn in france. I didn't have to vaccum cat hair off of these ones though.  This week, we also did an exchange. Soeur Kupfer stayed in Toulon with a sister from Nice and I headed with another sister to Nice. The train ride was supposed to take 4 hours but ended up taking 6 hours, thanks to some heavy rain. We finally got there at midnight. But the next day was really cool. Everyone says that Nice is gorgeous and I had already been there a couple times for conferences. It didn't look much cooler than the rest of France then, but I hadn't seen the right parts. This last time I got to see roman ruins and darling squares out of movies and huge buildings and a castle in the distance. France really is beautiful. And so it just about everyplace, depending on how you look at it.
Ok, the internet cafe person is saying that they are randomly closing, so gotta go. Really quick, All of our amis are doing great and so is Soeur Kupfer. I love you all!
Je vous aime!
L'evangile est vrai!!!!!!
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment