Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Aix en Provence


Dear Family and friends,
As you can probably guess from the title of my email, I got moved to another ville! Aix is definitely one of the prettiest places I have ever been to. I am here opening another equipe with Sister Bowman, who is on her third transfer. The funny thing is that she is Soeur Moderstinzki's last companion and the one that she trained. Soeur Bowman comes straight from St Etiennne and she happens to be put with the only other sister missionary who has ever been there as well. She is great. She is sweet, likes naps during lunch (like me), and already knows a huge amount of french from her studies.  We are in a new apartment ( fun fact: I have been in more totally new apartments on my mission that older apartments:) ) and our electricity is currently not working so we have dinner and get dressed by flashlight. Because we don't have electricity, we have only been eating canned foods and fruits and vegtables that don't need to be refridgerated. And chips and nutella sandwiches. So we don't suffer too much. The apartment is great, we live next to one of the biggest and nicest parks I have ever seen and Aix is gorgeous.
Soeur Kupfer is still in Toulon with a new companion. Before I left Toulon, We got to teach a lesson with a man named Gilbert. Before we taught him, we thought his name was Gilibert ( I don't know why) so we would call him jilly bear. I still can't help but call him that. He is very special. He is totally harmless and he is not handicapped or crazy. He is just peculiar. He wears a tight fitting brown tuxedo every day (the same one everyday) and wears a sailors heat and sunglasses constantly and has a fanny pack all the time and wears high heeled men's boots. He loves talking about music, nature, america, prayer, and the second coming and he loves God. He is really excited for the second coming. I actually really enjoyed that lesson. It was one of a kind and Soeur Kupfer will get to teach him again next week.
It was funny, I just did an exchange in Aix at the beginning of this week. I didn't move too far away from Toulon and I already have been to a lot of areas in Aix. I gotta go soon, but I love you all. Have faith in God, trust Him! He knows what He is doing, even if we don't. I'm so excited to help the people of Aix. Missionary work is so important!
Dieu vous aime!
Je vous aime!
à la prochain semaine!
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment