Wednesday, October 9, 2013

More octopi, general conferences and a fun miracle


Dear Family and Friends,
Right after my last email, Soeur Kupfer and I went to eat at a gigantic chinese fast food place and after went to the nicest Mcdonalds (the french call it Macdo) I have ever been to for ice cream cones. That in addition to visiting some cathdrals made it a pretty good pday. Thursday was the 6 month mark of my mission. Its hard to beleive that I've completed a third of my mission already. The weeks  fly and the days are long on a mission. On thursday, we taught english class while baking ( and burning some of them) cookies. Only one woman came to english class, but she spoke english very well. So we just sat in our chairs listening to her describe her travels around the world with lots of detail, all in english. On Friday, we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders, which is always really exciting. We found some potential amis that day. One of them was a cool miracle.
 We were street boarding at some point (streetboarding is just contacting with a board display set up) In all that day we contacted 234 people (meaning we talked to 234 people about the gospel). One man I contacted, I started off talking about genealogy. He seemed interested about the church website and asked me what I was doing here. I told him we are here for proselyting and for service like our English class. He became extremely interested in our free english class, amazed that he wouldn't have to pay to attend. I gave him our card and he left promising to come to genealogy class and english class. He then came back 5 minutes later and cheerfully said, I already called the geneology class and they said they would find a spot for me. He then walked off with a smile on his face. Then 5 more minutes later he returned and asked me, pointing at the picture on the passalong card, where can I get this book? The picture was of a Book of Mormon. I smiled, said I had one right now in my bag and that he could have it. He smiled hugely and gave me his number to meet again later for a lesson. That is an example of a prepared person. Someone who only needs an invitation to become part of the fold of God. How many of those people pass by us everyday? How many are our friends or neighbors or that person we just barely met? If you had put that man in a line with 5 other people  I saw that day, I would not be able to point out which one was ready, prepared. I just had to invite the 5 others first before I found him.
 On saturday, we got to watch one session of General conference. And then on Sunday we watched two more and we watched the last one this morning. Our leaders are so inspired and their messages are powerful. I hope their words strengthened you as much as it strengthened me.
 This morning, for lunch, we went to a farmers market and bought some octupus stir fry over rice and some french pastries. The fun meals I get to eat here in France.
I love you all!
God loves you!
Give Him a place in your life!
Je vous aime!
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment