Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My last few hours in the MTC!! 5/13/13


Mes cher famille et amis,
In about a little more than an hour, I will be on a bus to the airport! Super exciting! Next time I write I'm sure I'll have way to much to tell you about planes and french speaking peoples and new companions. So anticipate that!
To my family, I will probably be calling between 3:15-5:15 chicago time. And I have a calling card which takes up minutes everytime I make a connection so I'll probably be calling one person. I think it doesn't take extra minutes if we make it a three way call (or whatever its called). So I'll probably be calling Mommy and we can figure it out then. So expect my call. And I'll be sure to tell you this when I call but Happy late Mother's day!
This week has been great. Tuesday night, the sisters were all talking about ww2 and concetration camps and Soeur BN, who had been quiet up until now said, " Jews like Orange juice?" We all died. No matter what she meant by that sentence, it would be hilarious. This whole entire time, while we were talking, she was probably wondering what in the world ww2 and juice have in common.  When we finally calmed down enough to turn off the lights and everyone was falling asleep, I didn't fall asleep for a couple hours, which is unusual. So I was laying there in the dark, when I glance over and see the outline of someone sitting up in the bed next to me. I was thinking, if I didn't know that that was probably Soeur Kupfer, I would be freaking out. But it was still a little creepy. While I was staring at the bed next to me, suddenly, I hear someone speaking full on parseltongue. Truly, parseltongue. With hissing and scary sounding not really words. And the figure laid down. Let's just say I had an even harder time falling asleep after that. I told Soeur Kupfer in the morning what she ( I really hope it was her and not something else) had done and she couldn't even appreciate the full effect because she has never seen harry potter. Sad. We have some funny stories about sleep talking. Apparently, one night I was speaking french in my sleep! ( none of it made sense, but I'm still impressed) and Soeur Fortuna started sighing and saying "oh, I don't know that word". She sounded very upset. :) As you can tell, we think about french a lot. On weds, I got to be a missionary host. I would greet the cars coming in, extract the sister from her family, lug her bags up, lug them upstairs, grab her books with her and take her to her classroom. It was a pretty cool experience. Thurs, we had infield orientation, which was a lot of sitting and going between dead tired, hot, cold and spiritually ready to to go part some lake. ( what reason we would have to part a lake, je ne sais pas, but it would be cool) That night was the highlight though, SBN and Elder Taylor started rapping the first vision in french. I wish I could send you a video of it, but maybe when I get back I can show you. Remind me to ask Seour Luthi for that video. :) Friday was our last day of gym and volleyball. Too sad. Our sisters were full of volleyball awesomeness. And Saturday was our last day with Seour Sandoval. :(  Sunday in sacrament meetting, we ended up doing that musical number we had worked on earlier and it turned out well. We did part of it in french and SBN sang in italian and I sang in english and Soeur Fortuna was perfect on the violin and Elder Erickson was so nice to play piano for us. So it turned out well. Before we did it, I was being really nervous like I always do ( its unreasonable, I know, no ones going to boo me,but it always happens) and I glanced down at my sheet music and read the first line, " I know that my reedemer lives" and thought to myself, that if I can't tell a bunch of missionaries that in the MTC, there is no stinkin' way I could say that in France. And, of course, it turned out ok. In relief society we had Janice Kapp Perry come to speak. She wrote new lyrics about the sister missionaries to the tune of As sisters in zion. Its called the sisters in zion. And we were the first ones to sing it. :) The mtc is awesome. And the elders were jealous. Later we were talking about how much we appreciated each other in our district and Soeur Luthi told me that she wanted to be more like me in a lot of ways and sometimes wondered what she was bringing to our companionship. It's funny, because I felt the exact same way. Soeur Luthi was always watching over me, helping me, not getting mad when I would act like, well, me and she was such a hard worker. We were really the best possible comapnions for each other. I'll miss her and my entire district. It's a good thing we are all going to the same mission.
So, now that I'm about to leave, an overveiw on the MTC. Even though there are little things that were bothersome at the MTC, (shower lines , cafeteria lines, cafeteria food tout jour, chaque jour, wierd schedules) this really has been one of the top experiences of my life. The spirit is everywhere and everyone is so willing to serve and be obedient. I love it here. and I'm sure I'll love Lyon.
So I'm off!
Je vous aime!
Love, Seour Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment