To ma cher famille et amis,
Our volleyball match was fun last tuesday. To make the teams more even
they sent me to play on the Elders team ( which says a lot about my
volley ball skills) and at one point I dove for the ball just in time
for it to smack me on the lips (which says even more about my
volleyball skills). Even if  my volleyball skills do not contribute
much to the game, at least everyone is burning calories from running
to get balls that make their way from my hand to the random little
shed on the other side of the field and from laughing so hard whenever
I come in contact with the ball, net, or other players arms.
Truthfully I think I laugh the most which is saying a lot. So
altogether a fun experience, but do not expect me to go professional
soon.
So we got our travel plans the other day, which is super exciting. We
have two layovers and the other sisters are just running in circles
about being able to have Cafe Rio in the airport ( even though it will
be 8 in the morning). We are not allowed to call home even on Mothers
day at the MTC, Ill just barely be missing that, but Ill be able to
call home on Monday during one of my layovers, so expect a call from
me then. We have 22 sisters in our travel group and 4 Elders, so we
will be a fun sight.
The other day we found a note on the board that was signed by Frere
Nelson, saying he would be teaching a little late today. We were
staring at his handwriting, trying to tell if it was a prank. We all
thought Frere Nelson was one of coolest things ever, so we were
excited like nothing else that he was coming. And he didnt. It was a
different Frere Nelson and just about as opposite as you could get. I
think one of the Elders just about cried. So sad. It was still a good
lesson but it wasnt a Frere Nelson lesson.
I havent found any more interesting trees yet but Ill keep looking. To
Daniel and Jennifer, I hope their pizza turned out well, We still have
ice cream twice a week at the MTC and I hope Jennifer feels better
soon.To Micah, my district seems to like me and my wierd sense of
humor ( unless its quiet time) so giving them a talking to wont be
necessary, work hard, old chap and bon chance with your studies. To
Zach, love seminary, it helps a lot, hug mommy. To Daddy, thank you
for writing me, I love you lots and Im doing awesome so there is no
need to worry about me ( just in case you were) To Mommy, none of the
sisters here are as huggable as you, and even if they were, none of
them really like hugging (except SBN who does the european kissing on
the cheek as well) So I have no one to hug. Does Zach hug you enough?
Love you and everyone else. Oh and tell Avery I love him and miss him.
(he wont understand but tell him anyways)
When I got the immunizations report from the docters for my mission,
they said I already got all my shots, should I still tell the MTC I
need that shot? and could you tell me my blog address? I want to give
it to my teacher. Oh, and Elder Taylors Mom spoke at womens conference
( he has so many awesome connections in his family) so Mommy you might
have seen her.
This keyboard is wired for spanish or something different so if I
spell anything wrong I blame the keyboard. Ö= That was meant to be a
smiley  face.
Its crazy to think we will be in France soon. Ill miss my district
tons, but Im sure Ill like my new one tons.  I so excited to get out
there and then I think about my french and I want to super glue myself
to a tree. Speaking French in the MTC is all lollipops and cotton
candy, but speaking it to locals seems like the most frightening thing
in this universe second to chimpanzees. But the Lord wouldnt send me
there unless he felt I could handle it. Thinking about where I was
coming into the MTC, my french is unbeleivably better, but it is still
making me nervous thinking about speaking it soon. But Im sure thats
how everybody else feels too.
Wish me luck,
thank you all for your letters and prayers,
I love you all,
Je taime!!!
Soeur Russell