Monday, April 7, 2014

I love Conference!


Dear Family and friends,
This last week, we went to Montpellier on monday night and stayed until wednesday morning for an exchange with Soeur Modersitzki and Soeur Roberts. It was a really cool experience to work with Soeur Modersitzki again now that we both actually speak french ( well Soeur Mod kinda did already when we were in St Etienne, but I certainly did not) and we both have experience. We were both amazed at how quickly time has passed. Already we have been out a year. This last bit has really flown by. By the way, next friday is transfer calls, so next week I might be emailing you late and from a different place. We'll see. :)
On monday we taught english class and found out that the word sassy is very difficult to explain in french. This week, We also found out how much more friendlier people are when you are holding cookies or a balloon. On thursday we had district meeting with baguette pizzas (a missionary staple here in france). It was also Soeur Hirschi's birthday, so we had decorations and a couple presents and we sang to her. That was also my one year mark. ( A whole year!) Then friday, We had the soiree en musique at the church, all the missionaries sang beautiful savior together ( I love that song), Soeur Hirschi sang a song her friend wrote ( I love that song as well)  and I sang journey to the past from Anastansia ( the one that has that absurdly long note at the end). And a lot of members played the guitar, drums, sang...... It was lots of fun. On saturday, We went to a sports activity with Jean ( our ami), we played soccer, which is a sport that I am definitely not good at ( most sports I am definitely not good at), especially since some of the people there are on teams or used to be on teams in college  or high school etc. It was a dirt field, so when ever people were going agressively at the ball, a dust cloud would appear. a lot of the time, a huge crowd of people would go for the ball at the same time and a giant dust cloud would just engulf them. Whenever the ball would come towards me and the dust cloud of people would start moving my way, I would close my eyes and stand still and hope the ball wouldn't touch me or that I wouldn't get run over by avid soccer players. It was kinda like the parting of the red sea, everyone just parted around me. The magic of standing stiff and closing your eyes. It does miracles. I beleive there must be a force field that comes up whenever you close your eyes. ( i'm lying, sometimes it just means you get hit in the head more with the ball) Saturday night we watched The women's conference and the first session of general conference and sunday we watched the next two sessions and today we are going to watch the last session, I love general conference. How blessed we are to have a living prophet. All lot of people in the history of the earth didn't have one and many today don't know that we do have one, Go President Monson! i gotta run but I am sending pictures!
Je vous aime!
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment