Monday, February 17, 2014

fingers, blind dates, and turkish people


Dear Family and friends,
This week we got another new ami and we got to do a lot of finding activities. Our entire zone got together on doing a game sort of thing and we got to see some really cool experiences because of it. We contacted almost 300 people in one day and The other sisters contacted 1000 people in one day. I didn't even know that was possible. Soeur Robison has a pretty good wardrobe now, so everything is good there. We've been finding lots of potentials ( Soeur Robison is amazing at that) and we are working on helping them become amis. Funny story, Soeur Robison contacted a guy who just so happened to be waiting for a blind date. Of course he thinks the girl coming up to talk to him is his date and starts greeting her as his date with an almost biz. Thankfully she was able to avoid it and even , after explaining that we were missionaries and what we do and that she is not his date, got his cordonees and ended the contact right before his real date showed up. We laughed a lot about that one. :) Our new ami is named Nihat. He is from Turkey and he has really hard time understanding our accents. He is so nice though. He has a muslim backround, but he has never been practicing and he says that he beleives in Christ. He might not understand truely why Christ is important, but that is so huge that he beleives in him. We are going to have to teach very very very simply for him, because he doesn't speak or understand too well and he doesn't have a christian backround. But I'm excited to see how he progresses. 
This week I also lost my planner, thankfully all the numbers I took down were written down elsewhere too, but I have been feeling so lost without my old planner. I've just started a new one. Its kinda funny thinking about how before my mission, I never wanted a planner, and now on my mission I feel lost without one. 
Tonight, we are taking a train to Montpellier to do an exchange with the Sister training leaders. So I'll get to see Soeur Modersitzki ( I still have trouble spelling that) and I always like visiting other places in the mission. 
Oh and this week, I sprained my finger. The missionaries have a saturday sport activity (samedi sportif) that they do every week to invite potentials and amis and members to and we played basketball ( the first time I have played basketball in about a year). And of course I sprained my finger. :) it doesn't hurt when it is bandaged up though. and it looks really wierd and for some reason it amuses me to see how wierd looking it is ( as long as it is temporary) 
Yeah, that's it for this week, mais à la semaine prochain!!!
Je vous aime et Dieu vous aime!!!!!
Avec amour,
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment