Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Garlic, Dotty thingies, bapteme

Dear family and friends,
I can't beleive this week is already over, I feel like we just barely got back from Lyon. This week, for some reason, I have felt absurdly tired. I always feel tired, but this week was over the top. If I stay in one position for more than 20 seconds ( doesn't matter if I'm lying down, standing, sitting, streching) I wake up to my companion checking to see if I am awake. Even now, I'm feeling the yawns and tired eyes coming on. So, I don't feel like I was concious for the most part of the week (of course I was but I didn't really remember it) This wednesday, we ate with some mebers, who fed us fish that wasn't really fish and covered it with an aoili that was basically mayo blended with all the garlic that they could find in the grocery store. It was garlic with a little bit of mayo added in. Afterwards we ate this cherry cake thing that I have eaten 6 times ( not kidding) already. But we ate with some other members this week and had a yummy barbeque and salad. That was fun. :) Soeur Röse has been having stomach problems the last few days, so she is on a mostly bread and water diet. (orders from the mission nurse ( Soeur Röse ate the burritos I made late night, don't tell the nurse :)). Change of subject because if not I will probably list off everything I have eaten this last week, and it wasn't too exciting ( except for the olives we bought, they are super). 
I just checked out some of my older emails and I would like to apologize for the huge amounts of grammer mistakes that I've noticed. I promise I don't do them on purpose, it just gets worse the more I speak french. But I'm getting really talented with the two döts thingy on the key board, before I was companions with Soeur Röse, I had no idea how to do the dots. 
Dear daddy, there has only been one place in the mission where I have heard of bikes, but they have changed to a car recently. 
People in DC need to stop opening car doors without looking and almost injuring family members. Who knew that car doors were so dangerous? (Usually only if you are george of the jungle)
So, Alexandre and Sylvia are doing well. Sylvia has completely stopped drinking coffee and is doing a great job with smoking, we are so proud of her. The rest of our amis are taking their time. 
Oh, I don't think I told you, but Jean from Aix is baptized! He is apparently doing great and is introducing the church to his brother too. 
Dieu vous aime!!!!!
Soeur Russell

(Editor's note - both Daniel and Jennifer had car doors opened into them while riding bikes. Jennifer was on her way to work, Daniel was meeting a friend for lunch in DC. They are okay, but this is a good reminder to wear helmets!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment