Monday, March 3, 2014

Bonjour!!!

Dear family and friends,
This week, I 'm trying to remember what happened and literally almost nothing is coming up, besides doing an exchange in Carcassonne and a Baptism in the ward. At the begining of the week, we took a long train to Carcassonne ( I got to see Soeur Bounnanotte(I think I spelt that wrong) who is there) and we did a short exchange there. It was strange to be in my blue ville. On the cabinet door, there is a log thing of missionaries who have been in Carcassonne and I can remember clearly writing my name on it and now there are like 11 sisters names below it. Has it really been so long? Today actually is the 11 month mark of my mission. I don't feel like I have been out for that long.  Craziness. But while I was there, I was walking down streets that I walked down dozens of times, but now I can actually speak french. What a wierd feeling that is. 
So later this week, we had the baptism of the other sisters' ami who is named Michel. We got to teach him once and all of the missionaries here have kinda adopted him. He is an absurdly kind middleaged man who gives the missionaries the best chocolate cake I have ever had. The night before his baptism, he invited all the missionaries for a BBQ at his house. He is a scout, so he has the coolest house ever. He has literally 70 knives on the walls, and a whole lot of paintings and wood and coral and stones and antelers and scout type stuff( the elders were in love with his house). Michel is super cool and his baptism was extremely touching. he asked me to sing at his baptism, so I sang I know that my Reedemer lives for the second time on my mission. I really do like that song. Oh and we got transfer calls and I am staying in Aix another transfer with Soeur Robison. That is good because I love Aix and Soeur Robison. At the end of this transfer, I will have been here in aix for a third of my mission and as much time as all my other villes combined. I gotta run!!!!
I love you all! Vraiment!
et, comme toujours, Dieu vous aime!
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment