Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Toulon, sneaky cats and 5 flights of stairs


Dear family and friends,
As you have probably already guessed from the late email, I got transferred again! I have now been in at least one more ville then my trainer, who is home now. I am currently in Toulon, a gorgeous city by the sea. I really am getting the grand tour on my mission. Castles, Alps, Mordern Art museums, beaches. My new companion's name is Soeur Kupfer. She was actually in my MTC district. :) She is so funny and hard working.  So this transfer will be great. They are just barely putting sisters here, so we get a new apartment and a very excited ward. It was very sad leaving Gex though. All four sisters from Gex were leaving (they are going to put elders in there) and we said a lot of sad goodbyes and we sang a song in Sacrament meeting (we got some people to come to church because of it, who usually didn't). One of our last days in Gex, I was getting ready for the day, in our bedroom, with the door closed, when I look over and see a cat standing in the middle of the room, just looking at me. I start laughing, open the door, chase the cat out and looked at the very suprised faces of the other sisters as the watched a cat run out of our house. I still have no idea how it got into the house, let alone our bedroom.
We arrived in Toulon yesterday and the other elders in Toulon and the office elders ( this is the second time the office elders have come to help me personally on a tranfer day, I feel so privilaged) helped us get all 6 of our bags and almost all of our new furniture up 5 flights of stairs. Without an elevator. And then we spent the rest of the evening putting together ikea tables and chairs and cabinets and beds and desks and such. Despite the huge amount of stairs, I love our new apartment. Toulon is so beautiful and I am so excited to get to know the members.
Thank you for all of your emails,
I loved your email mommy, I laughed for a long time :)
God is our support and loves us so much!
je vous aime!
Soeur Russel

No comments:

Post a Comment