Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ferrets and Breaking Mirrors and Vinegar


Dear Family and Friends,
Right after I finished my emails last week, Soeur Christensen and I started heading to a car wash. We both noticed the car was acting strangely, so we drove back to the office, a member took the car to a repairshop, and we got a ride back to our apartment by a another member. Since we didn't have a car, and the nearest town is a 30 minutes walk away, we stayed at the apartment for our pday. It was pretty nice, I took a 4 hour nap and watched a video about the life of Thomas S Monson. All in all a good pday. Then another member picked us up and dropped us off at the office, where our rental car was waiting. I will send a picture eventually, but for now, I will just descripe it. It was a little two door sports car, highlighter yellow and with words taking up both sides of the car, saying LOUEZ MOI! ( Rent me!) We got a lot of stares this week as we were driving. On wednesday, we got our car back and found out that ferrets had been climbing around in the car and chewing on the tubes. The workers didn't find any actual ferrets in it while they were working on the car ( I kinda wished that happened though, that would have been really funny, to have some ferret attack you while you were working on a car) but they found ferret bite marks on a lot of the tubes. So that was why it was driving wierd. But now it is driving great. Hopefully the ferrets don't come back. Now time for a lice update. After a lot of showers, and combing, they are all pretty much gone. We will double check in a week, but I think they are gone. Poor S Christensen has been so worried, she didn't have very many, but she still went out and bought this expensive shampoo and has the other sisters check her hair constantly. As long as they leave, I'm not too concerned about it. I think I was more upset about washing my hair with vinegar ( I still cringe) than having bugs living in my hair. But they are gone. :) And I don't have to wash my hair with vinegar. :D  (Mom's note - I would MUCH rather have to wash my hair with vinegar than have lice!  But to each their own, I guess...)
Also this week, we went to this really cool store that sells the extras from other stores for really cheap prices. We bought some mirrors (because sisters apartments always need more mirrors) and put them on our wall. They had these adhesive things to put them on with and we lined all the eight little square mirrors on a wall to make a full length mirror, admired our handiwork and went to bed. That night, at about 2 am, two of the mirrors fell off the wall and broke with a giant crash. All of us woke up scared to death, but too tired to leave our beds. We glanced in the other room, saw that a mirror broke and decided to clean it up in the morning. Right after I fell back to sleep, three more fell with a louder crash, and woke me up again. After that, I couldn't go back to sleep, but I was too tired to get out of bed. So I watched from my bed as mirror after mirror fell. And in the morning, we tiredly cleaned it all up.  8 x 7 is 56 right? I currently have 56 years of bad luck.
This has been a strange week, a lot of wierd things happened, but a lot of good things happened too. We got to serve three different members, I got to teach three amis that I haven't taught yet and I got to eat at three member's houses. And each of those members gave me chocolate bars before we left. We are constantly eating chocolate here that people give us. I'm definitely not complaining though. Bring on the swiss chocolate!
What an amazing chance I have to be here, not just because of the chocolate and the gorgeous veiws and crazy stories, but miracles follow missionaries around like nothing else. I'm constantly seeing little miracles everywhere. God loves us and wants to bless us, we just have to let him;
I love you all! Make somebody smile today! God loves you!
Je vous aime!
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment