Monday, June 17, 2013

Zone Conference, Mexican Food, and Exchanges


My dear family and friends,
What an interesting week. So Monday, the most memorable thing that happened was that we listened to the old lady that lives downstairs rant for an hour. I didnt understand most of it, but I could tell she was mad at the new people that moved in, ( probably because she started hollering up the stairs at one point) and she thought we were nice. ( because she would calm down when she would mention the missionaries) She has an intense french accent and speaks absurdly fast, so I can't understand  most of what she says. So I spent an hour politely listening to an old lady yell in some language that wasnt really the same language I learned. But it was worth it because she seemed really grateful afterwards. Tuesday, we spent 6 hours on trains to get to a town next to Aixes en provence, where we are having our conference and spent the night in an apartment usually inhabited by two elders with 12 sisters. The next morning was interesting getting ready. We went to the church building for our tri-zone conference with Elder Richards and it was really awesome. I wish I could tell you everything he said, but that would take four hours so believe me when I say it was awesome. It was so great to see some the missionaries from the MTC again. We had some fun story telling and we got to talk to Elder Phelps, whose grandpa we are teaching. He was so excited and told us he would be praying for us every night. I am really looking forward to the moment when his grandpa finally opens up.
That night we went to a mexican place that is really only famous among the missionaries because it might be one of the only places with mexican food in France. The other sisters were just about crying with joy. And it was pretty good. The next day, we spent another six hours on trains to get back to Carcassonne. Not much else happened. On friday, I went on exchange to Toulouse. Toulouse is absurdly bigger than Carcassonne. So it was interesting to always be on Metros and buses and trains instead of walking. The Sister I was with is so awesome. Her name is Soeur Bayles and she has an obsession with seafood. We had long conversations about seafood on that transfer. I have probably never talked about seafood so much in my life. So it was a fun transfer. Before we went to an appointment, we had huge subway sandwichs and arrived with bulging bellies to a really spunky young woman who made us an African meal. It was yummy, but difficult to walk afterwards. But that appointment was great. Another young african woman came and we spent most of the time laughing. I love africans, I can understand most of what they say.
Saturday, I came back to Carcassonne and started another exchange with Soeur Hulme. It was interesting because I see her everyday, but we have never had the oppurtunity to talk, just the two of us. She is so easy to get along with and to like. We were still on exchanges on Sunday which was interesting. Both companionships did spiritual thoughts in different auxilary meetings and S Hulme and I taught Sundayy school on the Word of wisdom ( I learned some fun vocab for that) and then all four of us gave five minute talks in sacrament meeting and then we went to a meeting about the culture night this next week. The ward is really getting to know us, whether they want to or not. ( most of them want to, they are very nice)
And that night we watched a drunk man lay in the middle of the road and until the paramedics came and he argued with them until the police came and arrested him. Before that though, we thought he might be dead. That was intersting to watch.
This next week will be very interesting too, so expect another big email. And next week I'll know whats happening next transfer. Exciting!
I love you all!
God answers all you prayers!!! And miracles really do happen, I see them constantly! ( Look up Miracle in the bible dictionary, its very interesting)
Je vous aime!!!!!
Love,
Soeur Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment